Naturecraft Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The integrated city of Heliopolis

+2
UndeadNecro
PULP_Dunsparce
6 posters

Go down

The integrated city of Heliopolis Empty The integrated city of Heliopolis

Post  PULP_Dunsparce Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:27 am

The integrated city of Heliopolis has been approved by Gratlofatic already in game.

Well I made the main sphere and i'm winging it from here :P also EVERYONE NEEDS TO HELP ME AND TRY AND GRAT TO MCEDIT IT IN

So please bump the topic and spam Grat :) whoever does will get a house for free (it will normally cost 30 Diamonds and 64 smelted Gold For the right to build on the land.

The inspiration for Heliopolis was from the old anime of Mobile Suit Gundam Seed

Here is a picture of my inspiration,
The integrated city of Heliopolis Heliopolis_colony

Also i would like to build this alone to better round out my minecraft skill set, i'm good at farming, redstone, mining, parkour, and decorating. I am not usually a mega-builder but i will try to be
:)

Last edited by PULP_Dunsparce on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Even more errors of spacing @_@)
PULP_Dunsparce
PULP_Dunsparce
Brick

Back to top Go down

The integrated city of Heliopolis Empty Heliopolis Building Pictures & Maybe, Videos

Post  PULP_Dunsparce Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:38 am

ummm this will be a spot for videos

also i either need an admin to world edit me a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGEEEEE space to fit this thing, or build it in singleplayer, or not buil
d it at all.

OPTION 1 IS PREFERRED

also ummmmm in order for this thing to fit i will need 1200x1200 hole to bedrock............................... lol!

The integrated city of Heliopolis 2011-07-20_122052

The integrated city of Heliopolis 2011-07-20_120948

The integrated city of Heliopolis 2011-07-20_145502

LAYER 14/100

The integrated city of Heliopolis 2011-07-21_225118

Last edited by PULP_Dunsparce on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : New Pics :))
PULP_Dunsparce
PULP_Dunsparce
Brick

Back to top Go down

The integrated city of Heliopolis Empty Re: The integrated city of Heliopolis

Post  UndeadNecro Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:29 pm

The world isn't even 1200 blocks...Up to Down wise.
UndeadNecro
UndeadNecro
Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  skatedog05 Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:24 pm

maybe grat can install a block height limit mod

skatedog05
Dirt

Back to top Go down

Post  UndeadNecro Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:55 pm

skatedog05 wrote:maybe grat can install a block height limit mod
Is there one?
UndeadNecro
UndeadNecro
Gold

Back to top Go down

Post  PULP_Dunsparce Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:44 pm

im going to make in ssp kk meh
PULP_Dunsparce
PULP_Dunsparce
Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Gr3nwr35stlr Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:50 am

No there isnt a map height mod and if there was one then it would make the server laggier than if everyone were using 2048x texture packs, 1200 block height would make the max height have to be 2048 as the height goes by powers of 2, and that would make the game more than 16x laggier, probably more than 100x laggier as the server would have to send that much more data to all the clients. I doubt the VPS would handle it for a minute. But as I'm pretty sure he wasnt saying it would be 1200 blocks tall, but instead 1200 blocks long and wide, there is another problem. That would take up the vast majority of the Nature Craft map, so big that we would probably have to nearly double the map size to fit room for it. Also to make something like this it would probably take months to get even the basic structure of it built, much less the inside. Pulp, I don't think you know what you are getting yourself into...
Gr3nwr35stlr
Gr3nwr35stlr
Sand

Back to top Go down

Post  PULP_Dunsparce Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Gr3nwr35stlr wrote:No there isnt a map height mod and if there was one then it would make the server laggier than if everyone were using 2048x texture packs, 1200 block height would make the max height have to be 2048 as the height goes by powers of 2, and that would make the game more than 16x laggier, probably more than 100x laggier as the server would have to send that much more data to all the clients. I doubt the VPS would handle it for a minute. But as I'm pretty sure he wasnt saying it would be 1200 blocks tall, but instead 1200 blocks long and wide, there is another problem. That would take up the vast majority of the Nature Craft map, so big that we would probably have to nearly double the map size to fit room for it. Also to make something like this it would probably take months to get even the basic structure of it built, much less the inside. Pulp, I don't think you know what you are getting yourself into...

IT IS NOT 1200 HIGH THAT IS IMPOSSIPLE IT WILL BE 100 HIGH AND 1200x1200

PULP_Dunsparce
PULP_Dunsparce
Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Gr3nwr35stlr Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 pm

Lol i know they were saying it was going to be 1200, being stupid.
Btw bump for 10 yearls!

Last edited by Gr3nwr35stlr on Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gr3nwr35stlr
Gr3nwr35stlr
Sand

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverWulf Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Looks good! Can't wait to see it done!
SilverWulf
SilverWulf
Sandstone

Back to top Go down

Post  Sanchezz7 Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:34 pm

Gr3nwr35stlr wrote:No there isnt a map height mod and if there was one then it would make the server laggier than if everyone were using 2048x texture packs, 1200 block height would make the max height have to be 2048 as the height goes by powers of 2, and that would make the game more than 16x laggier, probably more than 100x laggier as the server would have to send that much more data to all the clients. I doubt the VPS would handle it for a minute. But as I'm pretty sure he wasnt saying it would be 1200 blocks tall, but instead 1200 blocks long and wide, there is another problem. That would take up the vast majority of the Nature Craft map, so big that we would probably have to nearly double the map size to fit room for it. Also to make something like this it would probably take months to get even the basic structure of it built, much less the inside. Pulp, I don't think you know what you are getting yourself into...
You freakin pulled out the math on that one. xD
Sanchezz7
Sanchezz7
Clay

Back to top Go down

Post  PULP_Dunsparce Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:59 pm

also while on the topic of height limit notch was thinking of increasing the height limit, then a guy from some magazine pulled out some math stuff and calculated that all servers would need 4x the RAM to run it and chunk errors could cause entire server crashes, his solution was to make a temp world above the height limit with new generation code to only use 1.5x RAM

just sayin'

I want to bump my topic lol!
PULP_Dunsparce
PULP_Dunsparce
Brick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum